Here’s a huge infographic on why it’s so important to go mobile from MelborneIT.
The scale of mobile usage is staggering. According to MobiThinking, at the end of 2011:
- There were 6 billion mobile subscribers worldwide.
- That’s 87% of the world’s population.
- By the end of 2016, there will be 8 billion mobile subscribers.
- That means a mobile phone or device accessing the Internet for nearly every person on the planet.
Usage Statistics also show that mobile internet connectivity is growing by leaps and bounds:
- 65% of mobile users access the internet daily.
- 86% look for local information on their phones.
- 49% of global users make a purchase with a smartphone.